Do you want to work for a Cambridge University spin out delivering Cleantech innovations?
Are you passionate about reducing carbon emissions whilst improving thermal comfort and air quality?
We are always interested to hear from enthusiastic and high-achieving engineers who wish to help create low energy buildings through the adoption of low energy ventilation principles. We offer opportunities for you to work in a unique and world-class team in the areas of product development, project delivery, ventilation scheme design, bespoke consultancy services and new business development.
Current job opportunities are listed below but if you don’t feel that any are appropriate and are interested in making a real difference please email email@example.com or get in touch.
Sales Executive (Office Based)
Breathing Buildings is seeking a new office based Sales Executive. Your role will include:
- Assisting with producing quotations for ventilation equipment based on a range of information such as drawings and schedules
- Speaking to customers regarding their queries on the telephone and via email
- Finding relevant information either from our server or from talking to colleagues, and sending to customers
- Giving consistent and accurate attention to detail for both commercial and technical items
- Enjoying being part of a busy team who are passionate about doing what is right for ventilation of a building
Essential experience for the role includes communicating with customers and colleagues via telephone and email; assisting with queries, including technical and commercial; accurate pricing, discounting, and totaling.
It is also preferred that you have experience in understanding a technical product and differences between it and other products or versions.
Salary: A competitive remuneration package is available
Breathing Buildings is currently seeking a high calibre Project Engineer to join our operations and project delivery team.
We care far more about your enthusiasm, ability to help us solve problems and desire to learn than what you have done in the past, but there are a few things that you probably need to have:
- You will have project management experience, preferable in the construction industry with the ability to read installation, electrical and building drawings to ensure correct installation.
- You will have transferable skills such as problem solving, project coordination and be able to demonstrate attention to detail and right first time approach.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to liaise with a wide range of people from production staff to major clients, suppliers to colleagues and to write reports/ O&M manuals.
- With a practical, hands-on approach, a flexible work ethic, you will be a team player who tackles issues before they become a serious problem. Ideally you will be from a mechanical or electrical engineering background.
- You’ll be able to use Microsoft Office package and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of PLC/embedded control systems favourable.
- Highly motivated, can-do attitude and self-starting.
Your challenge as a Project Engineer will be to deliver successful projects which start by taking the design brief from the consulting engineers, then working closely with production to ensure the equipment is manufactured to specification, on time and budget. At the same time you’ll liaise closely with the client to deliver, coordinate installation and also to test/commission the equipment on site, working through any problems that arise and finding solutions to give a great result and finally hand over.
This job requires also:
- Travelling around the UK
- At times flexible working hours
- At times physical site work
- Working at height
This is an opportunity to join an ambitious venture capital backed company with ample scope for career progression and a chance to make a genuine impression on the energy consumption in the built environment. A competitive package is offered and training will be provided as necessary.
Start Date: Immediate
Remuneration: Competitive salary, based on experience. 22 days annual leave + bank holidays
Graduate Consulting Engineer
Breathing Buildings is the world leader in the field of Hybrid Ventilation – the ventilation of buildings using the forces of nature when possible but then using fans to provide draught mitigation in cold weather and boost ventilation on the hottest days. It was founded by the CEO Dr Shaun Fitzgerald as a spin-out from Cambridge University following research and intellectual property which the company now uses.
Breathing Buildings manufactures fully controlled ventilation systems at their factory in Cambridgeshire for deployment in buildings. The design work for the systems is undertaken by the consulting engineering team who are mainly based in their Cambridge office. The consulting engineers also provide design services to clients seeking to push the boundaries on low energy building design. Our client base includes the world’s leading architectural firms, most of the largest building contractors in the UK and international building owners including the world’s best known IT companies.
Breathing Buildings is growing strongly and is currently recruiting for consulting engineers to work with Shaun, who is also a Royal Academy of Engineering Visiting Professor in Sustainable Buildings at the University of Cambridge’s Department of Engineering. Candidates should have a degree in engineering, science or mathematics and have a passion to make a difference to the world.
Experience using dynamic thermal modelling software and/or a familiarity with the fluid mechanics of buoyancy-driven flows would be advantageous, but is not essential. Candidates with experience working within building services design, architectural design or the wider construction industry, should definitely emphasise the experience they could bring to the Breathing Buildings team.
Start Date: January 2017 & September 2017
Remuneration: Competitive salary
How to apply
Please send a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions then also contact Shaun by email.